Sunday, August 13, 2017

August Tracking Adventure Week 2

Woop. The second week of my August Tracking Adventure has come to a close and here are the results:


-->
Circle K$21.01Gas
Pharmacy$30.00Pharmacy
Subway$9.00Food
OnCue$8.30Food
Louie's$36.00Food
Target$10.83Miscellaneous
Aldi$47.93Groceries (joint account)
Crest$53.67Groceries (joint account)

Groceries $101.60-
 This is more than I planned on spending... Groceries come out of our joint account so the boyfriend and I are both paying for them. Now, I do meal planning and I take a list to the store so how is my grocery spending so high? Because I take the boyfriend with me and let's just say he doesn't understand the concept of sticking to a list. (*side note-boyfriend does appreciate my budgeting and attempting to save money here and there, he even fist bumped me when I found black beans for 0.61 instead of the 0.99 I thought I was going to spend)

Food $53.30- So I think I did pretty close to the same as last week... I went out with a couple of friends on Saturday and spent more than I would have liked to but I did have leftovers for my boyfriend afterward so really I got 2 meals out of it.

Pharmacy $30- I spent $30 on my birth control, sounds high but I actually get 3 months at a time.

Gas $21.01- I filled up the tank this week, the pump stopped at 20.89 but I was shooting for a nice whole number... #fail

Miscellaneous $10.83- I bought a dry erase board to go on my fridge to write out what we are having for dinner each night. Even though this was for the house it wasn't a necessity so I paid for it myself instead of taking it from our joint account. 

Total spending for Week 2: $216.74

I spent more than Week 1 but I'm not too upset about it. I'm really proud of myself for sticking to this tracking thing for 2 weeks. My meal plan is set for next week and I don't have any plans that will involve money spending so I'm thinking Week 3 is going to be a hit!

(PS I originally included the dates on the spreadsheet above but when I pasted it into Blogger it caused funky things to happen so I deleted the dates.)

1 comment:

  1. Way to be on the tracking! I think you'll find it exciting to look back on these in a few months and see all the progress, though staying under $250 for all expenses in a week is pretty good IMHO!

    ReplyDelete

August Tracking Adventure Week 2

Woop. The second week of my August Tracking Adventure has come to a close and here are the results: --> Circle K $21.01 Gas Pharmacy...